Following up on the success of the iOptron CEM60 center balance equatorial mount, we at iOptron are excited to introduce two new medium payload center balance mounts. The CEM70 and revolutionary CEM70G are new standard bearers for equatorial mounts in the 70lb payload segment. Both models are packed with advanced features however the CEM70G is the first of its type with an onboard optical guiding system increasing tracking accuracy while streamlining the components resulting in a more portable imaging setup.
Retaining the inherent properties of the center balance design, these relatively compact medium payload mounts deliver what astronomers expect in an efficient accurate portable mount. With precise GOTO pointing and accurate tracking (PE <±3.5 arcsec) the CEM70 is a solid performer for observers and imagers alike.
Innovative operational features such as the internal iPolar electronic polar scope, easy lock drive gear engagement (levers large enough to use with gloves), an advanced cable management system for the mount, iPolar, guider, and camera, and cumulatively assure users the CEM70 and 70G designed with their needs in mind. On top of the built-in guiding system the CEM70G also comes standard with WiFi and USB 3.0.
The CEM70G includes the iPolarTM electronic polar scope, iGuiderTM onboard autoguiding camera and a hard case.
Please note, pictures include optional tripod.
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Payload of 70 lbs (31.8 kg) with the mount weight of 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- iPolarTM electronic polar scope
- Go2Nova® 8407+ V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<±3.5 arcsec
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Onboard iGuiderTM autoguiding system
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in WiFi for remote operation
- USB3.0 connection
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- NEW iOptron subsidized TheSky Imaging Edition
What's in the box
- iOptron CEM70 center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM)
- PolarTM electronic polar scope
- Go2Nova® 8407+ V2 controller
- Spring loaded 8" Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle
- 20-lb Counterweight
- Hard Case
||Center-balanced Equatorial Mount (CEM)
||31.8kg (70 lbs), exclude counterweight
||13.6kg (30 lbs)
|Payload/Mount weight ratio
|Latitude adjustment range
|Azimuth adjustment range
|PE (by encoder)**
||< ±3.5 arcsec
|Right Ascension worm wheel
||Φ151mm, 248 teeth
|Declination worm wheel
||Φ151mm, 248 teeth
|Right Ascension axle
|Right Ascension bearings
||Φ28x 415 mm (SS, 1.9kg)
||9.5 kg (20 lbs) x1
|Mount base size
||Precision stepper motor w/128 micro-step
||0.07 arc seconds
||3.75°/sec (900x) max.
||Go2Nova® 8407+, 8 line 21 character LCD
||DC 12V, 5A (5.5mm/2.5mm plug)
||Internal electronic polar scope, iPolar
||Stop (0-10° pass), auto flip
||Automatic zero search
||Horizontal, vertical, current, alt/azi input
||8" Losmandy D & Vixen
||2xDC12V (3A), 3xUSB3.0, 1xDC in/2xDC out, iPort.
|1X USB input for mount, iGuider, iPolar and more
||Built in guiding scope and camera, iGuider
|Operation temperature range
||-10°C ~ +40°C
Optional LiteRoc tripod or pier
||Two year limited