Discover our Solar System with the Celestron PowerSeeker 70EQ! You"ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 70EQ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual German Equatorial telescope
The PowerSeeker mount comes with two slow motion control knobs that allow you to make fine pointing adjustments to the telescope in both Right Ascension and Declination axes, also referred to as RA and DEC.
Accessories include a 20mm and 4mm eyepiece, a finderscope, and a 3x Barlow lens. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views. The 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
- Manual German equatorial mount with setting circles to locate and track sky objects
- Adjustable, full height tripod with deluxe accessory tray
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Accessories include a 20mm and 4mm eyepiece, an erect image diagonal, a finderscope, and a 3x Barlow lens.
- Download Starry Night Basic Software with a 36,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images including 3D renderings of stars, exoplanets, and galaxies
OPTICAL TUBE INFO
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1:
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2:
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2:
||1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
|Highest Useful Magnification:
|Lowest Useful Magnification:
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:
||1.99 arc seconds
||1.66 arc seconds
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye):
||Manual German Equatorial
Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App