ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Camera with 7-Position EFW and 36mm Filter Sets Kit (ASI1600MMP-K3)
ZWO has packaged the popular ASI1600MM Pro Astronomy Camera with Electronic Filter Wheel & Filter Set.
- ASI1600MM Pro Astronomy Camera
- New 36mm 7 hole Electronic Filter Wheel
- 36mm LRGB Filter Set
- 36mm 7nm Narrowband Filter Ha OIII SII
ASI1600 Pro offers very good performance for astrophotography. Low read noise, low dark current, high dynamic range.
ASI1600 has a build-in 12bit ADC but can provide 12.5 stops dynamic range which is even better than KAF8300 due to its super low read noise.
DDR Memory Buffer
DDR memory buffer is the main difference between ASI “Cool” and “Pro” cameras.
ASI1600MM Pro camera includes a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
Reliable Mechanical Structures
There are four screws that seal the sensor chamber. Our camera design has been extensively tested and is very stable.
Even when used in higher humidity environments, ASI1600 Pro will still work fine without dew problems.
USB 3.0 Port & USB2.0 HUB
USB 3.0 Port: Provides 5Gb bandwidth to make it possible for ASI1600 Pro to run at 14.7 fps (12bit, normal mode) or 23 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution (16Mega).
USB 2.0 HUB: Can connect with various accessories, including a filter wheel, guide camera or electronic focuser, allowing you to manage your cables better. There are two short 0.5m USB2.0 cables included with the ASI1600 Pro. The hub is powered by the external power supply if you connect one.
Thanks to the two-stage TEC cooling, ASI1600MM Pro can lower the CMOS sensor temperature to more than 40-45 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature, which can greatly reduce dark current generation and sensor noise even during extended exposure times.
Please notice that the camera needs to be connected to an external 11-15v power supply to implement the cooling function. We recommend you use 12V@3A DC adapter (5.5*2.1mm, centre pole positive) or lithium battery with 11-15V to power the camera. There are 4 different standards for different countries, please make sure you selected the correct adapter when placing the order.
ZWO LRGB Set
- Size: D=36mm
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront
- more than 92% transmission at passband
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- Precision off-band blocking
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Small spectral “gap” to minimize effect of light pollution
- More parfocal – thickness 2 mm
7 Position Electronic Filter Wheel
- ZWO EFW (5 x 2″or 7 x 2″)
- Product weight: EFW 5 x 2″=500g / EFW 7 x 2″=650g
- The filter wheel body is CNC milled from an aircraft graded aluminum block.
- Excellent craftsmanship, very thin and light with only 20mm thickness.
- The core part of our EFW is the stepper motor which has reliable performance and quality that comes from NPM, Japan.
- We have two specifications for EFW2”- TYPE1: EFW5X2” and TYPE2: EFW7X2”
- 2″ Thread-In Filters or 50.4mm ±0.5mm Unmounted Filters can be used
- The 2” Electronic Filter Wheel can be rotated in both counter clockwise and clockwise direction for filter selection.
- The ZWO H-Alpha filter has a bandpass of 7nm and passes light at 656nm wavelength, light transmission rate comes up to 80%. Best choice of narrowband H-alpha astrophotography filter for high-contrast imaging and revealing rich details of the nebula even in areas with strong light pollution, just prepare to experience the infinite fun with it!
- The ZWO narrowband S-II 7nm filter passes light at 672nm wavelength with a bandpass of 7nm which is designed for nebula observation . It is suitable for visual observation on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants, use it with H-alpha and OIII narrowband filters (SHO Set) for tricolour CCD astrophotography.
- The ZWO narrowband O-III 7nm filter is designed for nebula observation allowing 7nm bandwidth of light centred on a wavelength of 500nm through, which corresponds to OIII emission lines, blocking out all other light. Adding the ZWO O-III Narrowband filter to your imaging collection will help you go beyond the RGB imaging and will help capture your favourite nebulas in a totally new light, no matter how polluted your skies may be!