Celestron Omni CG-4 Telescope Mount and Tripod (91509)
The Celestron CG-4 equatorial mount is great for the amateur astronomer who wants to move up to a more stable mount. It is also popular with those who would like a lightweight EQ mount for travel!
For the price, the Omni CG-4 is built very well. The mount has ball bearings in both axes for smooth manual tracking with the included slow-motion control cables. Setting circles, also on both the RA and Dec axis, allow you to find objects the "old-fashioned" way; all you need is a good star chart with Right Ascension and Declination coordinates! No-tool set up lets you leave your screwdrivers and Allen wrenches at home.
The CG-4 tripod comes pre-assembled for your convenience. It has adjustable stainless steel legs that extend to make the tripod from 33" to 47" tall. A built-in bubble level helps you level the tripod when on uneven ground, tripod leg spikes help stabilize the Omni tripod when you are on grass or dirt, and the accessory tray, which doubles as a spreader bar for extra tripod stability, has holes cut to accept two 2" eyepieces and five 1.25" eyepieces or other barrelled accessories.
- German Equatorial mount and tripod, same as product supplied with all Omni XLT Series telescopes
- This manual equatorial mount includes RA and DEC slow motion controls and setting circles
- Tripod has adjustable height 1.75" steel legs with centre brace/accessory tray
- Includes two counterweights: 7 lb. and 4 lb.
- Latitude Adjustment: 20 - 60 degrees
|Mount includes Tripod/Pier||Yes|
|Includes Manual Slow Motion Controls||Yes|
|Mount Latitude Range||20-60 degrees|
||4lbs and 7lbs
|Tripod Leg Diameter||1.75"|
|Tripod Height Range||33-47"|
|Tripod Leg Material||Stainless Steel/Steel|