Celestron Reducer Lens .7x for EdgeHD 925 (94245)
Celestron Reducer Lens .7x for EdgeHD 925 (94245)
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
Celestron’s EdgeHD reducers feature a custom 4-element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of our award-winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, our premium reducers provide substantial back-focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high-index optical elements, including extra-low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air-to-glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction and contain blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast. Large diameter lens elements, up to 60mm clear aperture, ensure that the optimized image circle remains at a generous 42mm for use with large CCD sensors.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, our reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the Fastar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- Design: 4-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 9.25" to maintain the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical design
- Maintains the same back-focus as when used at f/10: Unlike generic reducers the EdgeHD .7x provides generous back-focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing EdgeHD T-Adapters and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/10: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide-field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction
- Blacken edges: All lens elements have blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize contrast
Full Frame Design
- Threads directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD optical tube: Reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Clear aperture: 60mm clear aperture lens optimized for a 42mm image circle for use with large CCD sensors.
- Machined aluminum housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Fastar compatibility and f/2 imaging with optional accessory: the EdgeHD is the most complete imaging system in its price range.
|Optical Coatings:||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Weight:||2.3 lbs (1.47 kg)|
|Optimal Back Focus:||146mm (5.75")|
What a fantastic accessory for my Edge HD 9.25. I've only been able to use it once, but the difference in my image was very noticible. Not only did it cut my imaging times down by half, it was able to keep the stars at the edge of the image nice and round with hardly and gradient noticible, which is easily fixed in post processing.