Celestron Reducer Lens .7x For EdgeHD 800 (94242)
Celestron Reducer Lens .7x For EdgeHD 800 (94242)
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
Celestron’s EdgeHD reducers features a custom 4-element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of our award-winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, our premium reducers provide substantial back-focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high-index optical elements, including extra-low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air-to-glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction and contain blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, our reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the Fastar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- Design: 4-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 8" to maintain the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical design
- 105mm of back-focus: Provides generous back-focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing T-Adapters for EdgeHD 800 and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/10: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction
- Blacken edges: All lens elements have blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize contrast
- Large Illuminated Field
- Optimized for APS-C sized sensors: Including most DSLR cameras and Nightscape CCD cameras
- Machined aluminum housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Provides and intermediate focal length between EdgeHD's native f/10 (or f/11) and the optional Hyperstar accessory at f/2, making the EdgeHD the most complete imaging system in its price range
|Optical Coatings:||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Weight:||0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)|
|Optimal Back Focus:||105mm (4.13")|
Additional Articles, Videos, and Links
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 4: Shooting Deep-Sky Images
Taking deep sky pictures can be daunting, luckily there is an easy process to follow to allow you to get great shots! Here is the typical process for actually taking deep-sky images in the field.
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 3: Choosing Gear for Deep-Sky Imaging
Using a star tracker gains you experience with the fundamentals of deep-sky imaging. Shooting the Moon gains you experience focusing and framing through your telescope. Through your sessions you’ll...
Astrophotography for Beginners - Start Here: Getting into Astrophotography Step by Step
Shooting the night sky has never been more popular, nor easier. The choice of equipment has also never been better, or more affordable. However, as per the advice given by Dickinson and Dyer in the...
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 1: Using the Star Adventurer Tracker
By far the most economical and easiest way to capture beautiful images of the Milky Way and large deep-sky objects like the Andromeda Galaxy (shown here) is to use a star tracker. Here are steps an...
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 2: How to Shoot the Moon
Close-ups of the Moon are rewarding, and an easy way to learn to shoot through your telescope. While good results are possible with a phone camera clamped to an eyepiece (as shown below), this tuto...