iOptron CEM120EC2 (7302)
iOptron CEM120EC2 (7302)
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
An extraordinary innovation in mount design...Now with a new payload! Recognizing the growing demand for an accurate and stable, equatorial mount with the versatility to carry larger instruments and more complex imaging arrays, we created the iOptron CEM120EC.
It offers the benefits of our revolutionary “center balance” design: stability, accuracy, and smooth mechanical operation, while capable of carrying a payload up to 115 lbs (52 kg). The “center balance” design’s natural stability is due to its focusing the mount along with payloads weight directly over the center of the pier or tripod. Along with the stability aspect, the CEM120 features an advanced cable management system consisting of more ports in more locations preventing tangle ups and reducing the chance of fractured cables. They also add some new features to the CEM family like Wi-Fi and LAN for remote operation and easy to use, reliable clutches on both axes.
The CEM120EC2 utilizes two high resolution encoders, one on each axis. The two encoders enable the mount to perform dual axes tracking. With advanced sky modeling the CEM120EC2 will be able to account and adjust for polar alignment error as well as changes in atmospheric (refractive) distortion. Fixed home sensors on each axis, allow the mount to save alignment models after power off too to be used on future nights.
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Observatory astrophotography mount ideal for both visual and Astro-photographers
- Payload of 115 lbs (52 kg) with the mount weight of 57 lbs (26 kg)
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8407 V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- Dual high precision encoders on both RA and DEC
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<0.15 arcsec RMS
- Real time periodic error correction (RPEC)
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in WiFi and LAN for remote operation
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- Spring loaded, individual adjustable Losmandy saddle
|Mount||Center-balanced Equatorial Mount (CEM)|
|Payload1||52kg (115 lbs), exclude counterweight|
|Mount weight||26kg (57 lbs)|
|Payload/Mount weight ratio||2|
|Latitude adjustment range2||0°~ 68° (0.5 arcmin division)|
|Azimuth adjustment range||± 5° (3 arcmin division)|
|PE (by encoder)3|
|Worm period||240 sec|
|PEC||Real time PEC (RPEC)|
|Right Ascension worm wheel||Φ216mm, 360 teeth, zero backlash|
|Declination worm wheel||Φ216mm, 360 teeth, zero backlash|
|Right Ascension axle||Φ80mm, steel|
|Declination axle||Φ80mm, steel|
|Right Ascension bearings||Φ125mm|
|Counterweight shaft||Φ38.1x 540 mm (SS, anti-slip, 4.5kg)|
|Counterweight||10 kg (22 lbs)|
|Mount base size||210 x 230 mm|
|Motor drive||Precision stepper motor w/128 micro-step|
|Encoder Resolution||0.035 arc seconds|
|Motor Resolution||0.07 arc seconds|
|Slew speed||4°/sec (960x) max.|
|Hand Controller||Go2Nova® 8407 V2, 8 line 21 character LCD|
|Power requirement4||DC 12V, 5A|
|Polar Scope||Optional electronic polar scope|
|Meridian treatment||Stop (0-14° pass), auto flip|
|Zero position||Automatic zero search|
|Park position||Horizontal, vertical, current, alt/azi input|
|Dovetail saddle||Losmandy D, 17.2" (437mm)|
|Communication port||RS232, USB, LAN, WiFi|
|Cable management||2xDC12V (1A), DC5V(1A), 2xDC (5A), ST4, 6P6C, 4xUSB2.0, USB3.0 (powered), USB for PS, AUX|
|Operation temperature||-10°C ~ +40°C|
|Warranty||Two year limited|
- OTA size and length dependent.
- If you latitude is <10°,please contact iOptron for low latitude CW (#7326LL).
- Measured with encoder on the bench, 240 seconds
- Included AC adapter is for indoor use only