iOptron CEM70 w/ iPolar/WiFi/USB3 (C70AW)
Following up on the success of the iOptron CEM60 center balance equatorial mount, we at iOptron are excited to introduce two new medium payload center balance mounts. The CEM70AW the new standard bearer for equatorial mounts in the 70lb payload segment.
The CEM70AW is packed with advanced features including USB3.0 and Wi-Fi.
Retaining the inherent properties of the center balance design, these relatively compact medium payload mounts deliver what astronomers expect in an efficient accurate portable mount. With precise GOTO pointing and accurate tracking (PE <±3.5 arcsec) the CEM70 is a solid performer for observers and imagers alike.
Innovative operational features such as the internal iPolar electronic polar scope, easy lock drive gear engagement (levers large enough to use with gloves), an advanced cable management system for the mount, iPolar, guider, and camera, and cumulatively assure users the CEM70 designed with their needs in mind.
The CEM70AW includes the iPolarTM electronic polar scope, and a hard case.
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Payload of 70 lbs (31.8 kg) with the mount weight of 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- iPolarTM electronic polar scope
- Go2Nova® 8407+ V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<±3.5 arcsec
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in WiFi for remote operation
- USB3.0 connection
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- Spring loaded 8" Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle
- NEW iOptron subsidized TheSky Imaging Edition
|Mount||Center-Balanced Equatorial Mount|
|Max payload*||31.8kg (70 lbs), exclude counterweight|
|Mount weight||13.6kg (30 lbs)|
|Structure Material||All metal|
|Latitude adjustment range||0º ~ 65º|
|Azimuth adjustment range||± 4º|
|Tracking accuracy (PE)**||< ±3.5 arcsec|
|Right Ascension worm wheel||Φ151mm, 248 teeth|
|Declination worm wheel||Φ151mm, 248 teeth
|Right Ascension axle||Φ55mm, steel|
|Declination axle||Φ55mm, steel|
|Right Ascension bearings||Φ80mm|
|Counterweight shaft||Φ28x415 mm (SS, 1.9 KG)|
|Mount base size||Φ152mm|
|Motor drive||Precision stepper motor w/128 micro-step|
|Resolution||0.07 arc seconds|
|Slew speed||3.75°/sec (900x) max|
|Hand Controller||Go2Nova® 8407+, 8 line 21 character LCD|
|Power requirement***||DC 12V, 5A (5.5mm/2.5mm plug)|
|Power consumption||0.6A(Tracking), 0.8A(GOTO)|
|Polar Scope||Internal electronic polar scope, iPolar|
|Meridian treatment||Stop (0-10° pass), auto flip|
|Zero position||Automatic zero search|
|Park position||Horizontal, vertical, current, alt/azi input|
|Dovetail saddle||8" Losmandy D & Vixen|
|Communication port||USB3.0, Wifi|
|Cable management||2xDC12V (3A), 3xUSB3.0, 1xDC in/2xDC out, iPort.
1X USB input for mount, iGuider, iPolar and more
|Operation temperature range||-10°C ~ +40°C|
|Pier/Tripod||Optional LiteRoc tripod (8023ACC) or pier|
|Warranty||Two year limited|
* OTA size and length dependent
** Measured with encoder on the bench, 348 seconds
*** Included AC adapter is for indoor use only