Pegasus Astro NYX-101 Strain Wave Gear Mount (PEG-NYX101)
Pegasus Astro NYX-101 Strain Wave Gear Mount (PEG-NYX101)
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
Nyx, the ancient Greek goddess of the night, enlightened us to design and produce a high-performing, high payload mount that can easily carry imaging equipment up to 20 kg without needing a counterweight or shaft.
Strain wave drive on RA and DEC movement ensures a backlash-free operation with high torque at high payloads. A fully CNC machined aluminum alloy 6061 body, black and blue anodized, and a selection of branded parts (stepper motors, strain wave gear) inside the mount, ensure that Nyx-101 will perform flawlessly for many years. Mount includes an electronic brake on the RA axis to prevent backsliding when power is off as well as safety limit stops during slew or tracking.
High Precision Strain Wave Gears
Harmonic Gears on Both Axis ensure high payload and a smooth, backlash-free operation.
A hybrid combination of a stepper motor & belt system along with sophisticated electronics can drive the RA axis down to 0.10 arcseconds of resolution
Reduction on the RA axis is 500:1 and 300:1 on the DEC axis.
Supports High Imaging Loads
Counterweights are not required for weights up to 20Kg.
(counterweights can be installed for higher photographic loads)
Lightweight Design, compared to the payload of weight the mount can lift
CNC-machined aluminum alloy AL6061 used for aircraft makes the mount an excellent choice for your setup.
Mount weighs 6.4 Kg
From a small refractor to a fully loaded SCT 11-inch telescope, NYX-101 can easily handle the payload
Equatorial or Altazimuth Mode
Mount can be used as a German Equatorial mount or as an Altazimuth, more suitable for visual observations
The mode can be switched from our PC or Mobile Application
Built-in Wireless & USB Control
NYX-101 supports wireless and USB 2 connectivity out of the box.
Both technologies can work simultaneously.
Mount is compatible with LX200 protocol and Sky Safari for mobile interaction
Power Off Brake
A safety power-off brake is installed on the RA Axis and provides an instant safe stop during a planned or unplanned power interruption.
Additional Key Features
- DC 12 Volt Battery Operation: NYX-101 requires 12V only for its smooth operation. This means that you can use your normal 12V battery without any additional converters. Mount consumes less than 0.6Amp during tracking and up to 2.5 Amps during slewing.
- Secure Power and USB: The power cable is a GX12 type with can securely lock onto the mount. USB type B special socket ensures a secure grip. Both of these sockets are placed on the non-movable part of the mount. No cables moving during slews and tracking. A second GX12 socket allows you to provide power to your imaging equipment.
- Refraction Corrections: NYX-101 integrates a barometric sensor required to calculate atmospheric refraction corrections during mount tracking. For smaller focal lengths this might be overkill but if you have an SCT you will notice a welcome change in your guiding performance.
- Universal Saddle Plate: NYX-101 includes a low profile and rigid universal Saddle that accepts Vixen and Losmandy 3-ich dovetails.
- Integrated ST-4 Autoguiding Port: An ST-4 port is available at the back of the mount. Port is compatible with a simple hand controller or with an ST-4 guiding camera.
- Polemaster Adapter: In the front of the mount, there is a place for the QHY Polemaster (adapter included), which allows you to perform a precise polar alignment, required for your imaging sessions.
- Electronic Assistant for Initial Polar Alignment: A set of sensors allows you to orient the mount at the correct altitude and azimuth to have an initial, rough, polar alignment (for lower focal lengths such as camera lenses or visual observations ). Our mobile application guides you through that process.
- Reverse Voltage Polarity Protection: NYX-101 has been designed with reverse voltage polarity protection. A saver if you accidentally reverse voltage or battery polarity during the night.
- Optional Counterweight Support: Mount does not require counterweights for payload up to 20Kg. However, if you would like to install counterweights for higher payloads there is a compatible M12 threaded shaft hole at the end of the DEC axis.
- ASCOM, INDI, Sky Safari Support: The mount fully supports ASCOM 6 and INDI framework. Sky-Safari is also supported allowing you to control the mount through your mobile device.
- LX200 Compatibility: LX200 protocol is fully compatible with NYX-101. Sky-Safari works out of the box with the mount.
- Mobile Control: A mobile application for IOS and Android platforms allows you to control both axes of the mount, slew to installed catalogs of thousands of night sky targets and do a rough polar alignment through an electronic polar assistant.
- Safety Limits on RA Axis: Safety limit encoders on RA Axis prevent internal cable snag or collision with the tripod.
- Firmware Upgrade: An easy firmware upgrade process allows you to stay up to date with bug fixes and the latest features of the mount.
What's in the Box
|Material||CNC machined 6061 aircraft aluminum alloy|
|Mount Mode||Equatorial or Altazimuth|
|Mount Drive||Strain Wave (Harmonic) Gear and Belt resulting reduction 500:1 (RA) and 300:1 (DEC)|
|Load Capacity||20 Kg without counterweights
30 Kg with counterweights
|Safety / Power Off Brake||On RA Axis|
|Dovetail||Vixen and Losmandy 3-inch|
|RA Motor Resolution||0.10”|
|Max Slew||6 degs/sec|
|Power Voltage||12V DC unregulated
0.7A during tracking, 2A during slewing
|Counterweight Shaft||M12 Shaft|
|Communication||Wireless 802.11g and USB2|
|Operating Temperature||-20° to + 50°C|
|Made in (designed, assembled and tested)||Greece. We carefully curate the entire manufacturing, testing and packing process.|
This mound gives excellent performance without counterweight with explore scientific 127 fully loaded and edge 9.25 fully loaded. The accuracy with the espirit 150 fully loaded is also very good. This is an amazing value.
I really like the unity software as well.