Askar M54 Filter Drawer (M54FD)
Askar M54 Filter Drawer (M54FD)
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
|Main body of Askar filter drawer||Accommodate the filter slider
Connect the telescope and the astronomy camera
Classic Askar logo
|Filter slider||Carry the filters
Swap different filters
|Designed with threads and circular groove for the attachment of both mounted and unmounted filters
The filter slider with the smallest opening is used for the attachment of 1.25" mounted filters and 31mm unmounted filters
The middle-opening filter slider is used for the attachment of 36mm unmounted filters
The slider with the largest opening is used to attach 2" mounted filters and 50mm unmounted filters
|Adapters at the telescope side||To connect the filter drawer and the telescope||Designed with M42, M48 and M54 thread|
|Adapters at the camera side||To connect the filter drawer and the camera||Designed with M42, M48 and M54 thread|
|Filter holding ring||To securely hold the unmounted filter||Three different sizes|
|M2×4 countersink screw
|To fix the filter holding ring onto the filter slider|
|M3×2.5 grub screw
|To adjust the space between the main body and the camera adapter|
|M3×8 countersink screw
|To fix the camera adapter on the main body|
Users have to follow the certain steps to successfully assembly the Askar filter drawer and put it into the light path to fit the whole optical system:
- Take out the main body of Askar filter drawer
- Choose a proper camera adapter according to the thread type of your astronomy camera
- Fix the camera adapter on the main body with 5 M3×8 countersink screws and wrench of M2
- Choose a proper telescope adapter according to the thread type of your telescope
- Thread on the telescope adapter
- Connect the filter drawer and your telescope
- Connect your astronomy camera and the filter drawer
- Make sure that these accessories are tightly connected and the whole system has a correct back focus. You can add extra spacers(optional) to reach the required back focus
- Choose a proper filter slider according to the filter you are going to use. If it’s a 1.25" or 2" mounted filter, directly thread it onto the filter slider. And if it’s a 31mm, 36mm or 50mm unmounted filter, gently put the filter into the circular groove and superimpose a filter holding ring, fix the holding ring with 3 M2×4 countersink screws and the wrench of M1.27 to securely hold the filter between.
- Insert the filter slider into the Askar filter draw and it’s ready for astrophotography