The patented Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 is produced for visual and photographic solar observation at high magnification (with additional optics). AstroSolar® Safety Film is best suited for precision work with all astronomical telescopes and binoculars – just as well as for all photographic camera- and tele-lenses
When using AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 – mounted in front of your optics – you can image the Sun and safely look through the viewfinder of your camera – or you can directly look into the Sun with telescopes and binoculars at any suitable magnification.
What is even more important - with AstroSolar®the Sun appears in its real colour - neutral white (with only a slight bluish tinge). Other films and glass filters produce a blurry bluish or reddish/orange/yellow Solar image, thereby cutting part of the spectrum. Especially with an orange sun, it is very hard to see faculae regions which are visible predominantly in the blue wing of the spectrum.
Due to its neutral colour balance, AstroSolar® enables the use of various colour (or interference) filters which allows the observer to concentrate on certain spectral passbands for investigations of different layers within the solar "atmosphere".
AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 reduces the intensity of solar radiation by 99,999% to a factor of 1 : 100 000 of the initial value. Multiple coating processes on both sides of the carrier film are adding up during production to result in a perfectly uniform filtering result and help in neutralizing the effect of microscopic pores in the coating hat plague conventional glass solar filters which are commonly only coated on one side of the glass.
One single layer of AstroSolar® Safety Film is perfectly apt to enable production of a safe solar-filter, suitable to supply highest contrast and sharpness in combination with your telescope or camera tele-lens. We produce this diffraction limited filter material for more than 25 years.
Important note: The eye safety norm EN ISO 12312-2:2015 for naked eye solar viewers does not apply to front aperture filters, covering long-range optics. AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 is not authorized to be used for naked eye solar observation or production of solar viewers. For direct solar viewing without telescope, binocular or camera optics, inquire for our EN ISO 12312-2:2015 certified eclipse shades equipped with AstroSolar® Silver/Gold Film.
- AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 for solar observation and photography at high magnification, telescope quality, Optical Density (OD) = 5.0
- Safe for visual solar observation (with additional optics) and imaging
- This highest precision film consistently produces strehl ratios of 94 to 96 percent at interferometric tests – thus it performs optically like a Fluorite Triplet Lens by Carl Zeiss or Astro Physics
- AstroSolar Safety Film is best suited for precision work with all astronomical telescopes and binoculars – just as well as for all photographic camera- and tele-lenses
- For more than 25 years on the market, the only film-material made to not deteriorate the optical wavefront, it does allow to attain high magnification with any long-range optics without reducing sharpness or contrast of the solar surface.
|A4-size: ca. 20 x 29 cm (8" x 12")
||Visual solar observation and imaging
||AstroSolar Safety Film
|INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM)
||ca. 20 x 29 cm
||Whitelight (integral light)