Celestron CGX-L Computerized Equatorial Mount Without Tripod (91532)
Celestron CGX-L Computerized Equatorial Mount Without Tripod (91532)
Products in the Same Family
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
Celestron Counterweight 22lbs for 32mm Sha...
Celestron's CGX-L Computerized Equatorial mount is the latest addition to our fully computerized equatorial mount series. Capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease, CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories.
Key design goals included larger 144mm diameter worm wheels which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, longer 270mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes, remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport. COMPACT. ERGONOMIC. INNOVATIVE.
- Increased 75 lb load capacity. Exceptional load capacity to weight ratio
- Additional Aux accessory ports and autoguider port on the Dec axis for better cable management
- Larger 144mm diameter worm wheels to better and more accurately drive heavier loads
- Longer 270mm dovetail saddle to better support larger optical tubes
- Heavy duty, 31.5mm stainless steel counterweight shaft to support additional counterweights
- Optional add-on polar axis finderscope custom designed for CGX and CGX-L
- Supports WiFi and wireless operation accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module (sold separately)
- Compact, lower profile equatorial head provides improved stability and portability. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation at full capacity
- Clear windows built into motor covers so pulleys and belts can be monitored
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and lower accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevent cable tension and tripod strike
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Includes Celestron's PWI telescope control software, co-developed by PlaneWave Instruments. Software features multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy
- Software Polar Align: “All-Star Polar Alignment” allows quick and very precise polar alignment. Align on any bright named star without extra polar alignment accessories, apps, or other assistance
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Redesigned tripod has a widened stance for added stability. The minimum tripod height has also been lowered per user feedback
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- Integrated handles for easy transport and portability
- Ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- Ergonomic adjustment knobs with reduced friction for smooth and easy positioning under full loads. Stationary latitude knob with a newly-designed linkage system greatly reduces the amount of friction when polar aligning the mount. Redesigned azimuth adjustment with low-friction Teflon bearings to make adjustments easy under full load. No more binding, rough adjustments!
- Easy to read latitude scale
- NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- USB 2.0 port used to connect directly to PC with PWI Software
- 2 available autoguider ports for optimum cable management
- PEC sensor and PPEC ready
- Threaded 12v DC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
- On/Off rocker switch with red LED
What's in the Box
|Mount Type:||Computerized Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity:||75 lbs (34 kg)|
|Equatorial height alone:||609.6mm (24")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter:||69.85mm (2.75") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section|
|Latitude adjustment range:||3° - 65°|
|Mount Head Weight:||52.6 lbs (23.8 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights:||1 x 22 lbs|
|Slew Speeds:||9 slew speeds - max speed 3°/second|
|Tracking Rates:||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes:||EQ North and EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility:||Dual saddle plates (CG-5 and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary Ports:||4 AUX Ports (Hand Control can use any AUX Port, 2 are located near the dovetail saddle for optional accessories)|
|Autoguide Port:||Yes, 2 Ports (one is located near the dovetail saddle)|
|USB Port:||Yes, input for Mount and Hand Control|
|Power Requirements:||12V DC, 3 amps|
|Motor Drive:||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures:||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction:||Yes|
|Computerized Hand Control:||2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 Port for PC connection|
|NexStar+ Database:||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software:||CPWI Telescope Control Software | Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software | SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight:||74.6 lbs (33.8 kg)|