Celestron PowerTank Lithium (18771)
The PowerTank Lithium keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The Lithium-Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries. It will power any computerized mount.
- The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Iron and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
- The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium phosphate degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Iron battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
- The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with!
- The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
- Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-iron designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
- This combined with its rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium—the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
- Portable power pack for your computerized Celestron telescope using Lithium-Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry
- Powers your telescope for up to 10 hours
- Smaller, lighter, safer, and easier to maintain than lithium-ion and sealed lead acid designs
- Up to 2000 charge cycles – four times more than lithium-ion and 7 times more than sealed lead-acid designs
- Un-recharged shelf life of up to 10 years – 3 times better than lithium-ion and 10 times better than sealed lead-acid designs
- Environmentally friendly – Does not use toxic heavy metals
- Battery shuts off automatically when insufficient current flow is detected to prevent you from inadvertently draining your battery
- Included Items: Battery pack | AC mains charger | Power cord for Celestron telescopes | Strap for attaching to tripod | Strap for hanging
|Battery Capacity||84.4 Wh|
|Charging Input||16VDC @ 2000mA|
|Charge Time (from flat)||4 hours|
|Telescope Power Port||12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive|
|Car Battery Adapter Port||None|
|USB Charging Port 1 Output||5VDC @ 1000mA|
|USB Charging Port 2 Output||5VDC @ 2100mA|
|Auto Shutoff Threshold Current||(12V Port) - Less than 250mA for a long period of time|
|Operating Temperature||-4°F - 140°F (-20°C - 60°C)|
|Light Panel||Red or White with two brightness settings for each color|
|Weather Proof/Dust Proof||IP-65 rating|
|Telescope Power Cord||6.5 ft (2 m) with connector for Celestron telescopes|
|Strap||2" wide hook and loop strap for attachment to tripod leg and a 10" hanging strap|
|Product Dimensions||190.5mm x 76.2mm (7.5" x 3")|
|Product Weight||2.25 lbs (1.02 kg)|