Meade MEADE MOON MAP (608057)
The Moon is Earth's nearest neighbor and certainly the easiest target to locate in the night sky. It's the ideal target to observe your first night out and will keep you amazed with its numerous features and astonishing detail. The Moon's surface is breathtaking in large telescopes, small telescopes, and even binoculars. So why not spend some time exploring our nearest neighbor with the Meade Moon Map 260?
The Meade Moon Map 260 identifies over 260 lunar surface features including craters, mountain ranges, valleys, rilles, "seas" and more. Each feature is cross-referenced in the Moon Map's tables with its official name, size and a brief description. In addition to lunar landscape features, all successful spacecraft landing sites from US Apollo, Surveyor and Ranger Probe missions as well as Soviet Luna Probe missions are also clearly identified on the map.
Designed for use with all types of telescopes and binoculars, the Meade Moon Map 260 features Moon images displaying a correct-image (right side up) and reversed (mirrored) image so what you see thru the telescope or binocular matches what you see on the map.
This map is tough! The Meade Moon Map 260 is protected from dew, dirt, and liquids with a durable plastic laminated coating. It measures 25.25" x 11" when unfolded and reduces to a very portable 8.5" x 11" size when folded.
The Meade Moon Map 260 is the ideal companion to help you navigate all the impressive lunar features. Whether you're a seasoned astronomer or just starting out in this hobby, the Moon Map can be your guide to exploring our nearest and brightest neighbor!
- Low-cost and durable Moon Map ideal for both the novice and advanced observer.
- Detailed high resolution map of 260 lunar features including craters, valleys, ancient lava flows, mountain ranges, all successful US and Soviet lunar mission landing sites, and more
- Includes map orientations for use with any type of telescope or binocular
- Plastic laminated coating designed for nightly use.
- Makes observing our nearest neighbor a breeze