Optolong L-eNhance Light Pollution Filter 2" Mounted (OPT-L-ENHANCE-2)
The relentless spread or urbanization and its associated light pollution have become a growing problem for all amateur astro photographers. The current solutions to the problem can be expensive and might include the purchase of a monochrome camera, several types of narrowband filters and a filter wheel.
Optolong L-eNhance provides an economical and practical solution for amateurs. It is a dual-band pass filter which has been designed for DSLR (digital SLR), colour CMOS and monochrome CCD cameras. The convenience and cost effectiveness of this filter allows amateurs to image a rich selection of astronomical images, even in bright, heavily light-polluted areas. Optolong believes the design of our L-eNhance filter is a technical innovation among filters. It effectively isolates the H-Alpha, H-Beta, and Oxygen III nebula emission lines and achieves a maximum transmission of up to 90%. The performance of this filter delivers images that superbly control the impact from light polluted skies.
Hydrogen is the largest, the most primitive, the simplest, and the oldest element in the universe. Scientists consider that Hydrogen amounts to more than 90% of visible substance in space. Our sun is 5 billion years old, but so far hydrogen is still the key matter of nuclear fusion. While the sulfur element does not have much scientific significance, so keeping H and O is meaning for exploration of life.
Therefore, we highlight H-a, H-b, O3 and O2, and reduce the signal of sulfur.
Spectrum and Characteristic
- Substrate: B270
- Thickness: 1.85mm
- Tpeak: T>90%
- Blocking range: 300-1000nm
- Blocking depth: light pollution line blocking >99%
- Surface quality: 60/40
- Transmitted Wavefront RMS: λ/4
- Parallelism: 30s
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong L-Pro filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band.
- About colour: due to the influence of ambient light, colour difference of the display and flash photography, the colour of the product may have some colour difference. Detailed colour is in accordance with the final product.
- About coating: the interference filter will show different colours under different light, which is a normal phenomenon. Please refer to the material object.
- About the style: in order to improve the product, the change of design/appearance/parameters has not been updated in time. Please see the subject produce.
- About the description: the series of this product have the same material, technology and design, different sizes only, please note.
What's in the Box
- Outer Box: sliver box
- Plastic Box: PP material
- Lining: imported high pressure white EVA material