Optolong L-Pro Light Pollution Suppression Filter 2" Mounted (OPT-L-PRO-2)
Optolong L-Pro (L-Professional) filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deepsky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII(496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII(654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII(672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photographic purpose at sub-rural area with heavy light pollution.
Optolong L-Pro is multi-bandpass filter which offers better color balance by maximizing the transmission band. The balanced transmission allows astrophotographs to be taken with minimal color cast to broadband emission objects such as galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. L-Pro is the best choice for light pollution suppression.
Main Use and Performance
- Suitable for visual observation and astrophotography.
- L-Pro filter has a very low transmission reduction rate against continuous spectrum space objects, and thus is quite effective in suppressing light pollution sources when shooting galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. The same holds true for visual star observations.
- L-Pro filter alone can suppress infrared wavelength, and thus can be used at ease for “L” image shootings with CCDs.
- Light pollution filter do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
- WARNING: The filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
Spectrum and Characteristic
- Optical glass fine material
- Spectrum: 380-750nm
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and < 30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
- High transmission at major nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm, OIII 496nm&500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm).
- Precision off-band blocking, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm).
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong L-Pro filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band.
- About colour: due to the influence of ambient light, colour difference of the display and flash photography, the colour of the product may have some colour difference. Detailed colour is in accordance with the final product.
- About coating: the interference filter will show different colours under different light, which is a normal phenomenon. Please refer to the material object.
- About the style: in order to improve the product, the change of design/appearance/parameters has not been updated in time. Please see the subject produce.
- About the description: the series of this product have the same material, technology and design, different sizes only, please note.
What's in the Box
- Outer Box: sliver box
- Plastic Box: PP material
- Lining: imported high pressure white EVA material