Optolong SII 6.5nm Narrowband Filter 36mm Unmounted (OPT-SII-65NM-36)
Optolong improved narrowband SII6.5nm filter (Sulfur II for CCD) is designed for nebula observation allowing 6.5nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 672nm through, and reducing the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapour, and both high and low pressure sodium vapour lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow).
- Suitable for viewing on faint emission nebula of H-Alpha line in full moonlight or in severe light pollution.
- Hubble look of images can be made by the combination of H-alpha, OIII-CCD and SII-CCD, such as the famous “Pillars of Creation” (M16 Eagle Nebula).
- Narrowband imaging with SHO kit (H-alpha7nm, OIII 6.5nm and SII6.5nm) can be done with the moon up in heavy light pollution, so your equipment is not sitting dormant for several weeks.
- Narrowband filter do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band.
What's in the Box
- Outer Box: sliver box
- Plastic Box: PP material
- Lining: imported high pressure white EVA material