Optolong UHC Light Pollution Filter 2" Mounted (OPT-UHC-2)
The UHC (Ultra High Contrast) broadband filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deepsky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII(496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII(654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII(672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at sub-rural area with heavy light pollution.
Suitable for colour CCD cameras and unmodified DSLRs.
UHC with narrower passband provides higher contrast than CLS. Thus it is more suitable for urban environment where you suffer from severe light pollution.
UHC has a substantial red passband and offer superb views for objects like the Orion Nebula (M42).
Light pollution filter do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
WARNING: The filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
Optolong CLS Spectrum and Characteristic
- Substrate: optical glass
- Blocking range: 300-700nm
- Blocking depth: OD3, light pollution line blocking >99%
- Surface quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830A, MIL-C-48497A)
- Transmitted Wavefront RMS: ¼ λ
- Parallelism: 30s
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong L-Pro filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band.
What's in the Box
- Outer Box: sliver box
- Plastic Box: PP material
- Lining: imported high pressure white EVA material