Orion Mars Map (51924)
Explore our next-door neighbor planet Mars like never before with the Orion Mars Map & Observing Guide, now in its Second Edition with events from 2020-2026. This detailed map will help you locate and identify intriguing Martian features, and it will also help you learn interesting facts about the red planet.
The Orion Mars Map & Observing Guide is a useful tool for backyard astronomers of all skill levels who want to get more out of their telescopic observations of Mars. Use the map to identify classical albedo features (light and dark regions) observed with a telescope. It also identifies over 150 Martian features using modern nomenclature.
Throughout the tri-fold Mars Map & Observing Guide, you'll find sections loaded with information on dust clouds and storms, Martian seasons, polar ice caps and more. You'll appreciate the thorough list of recommended filters to help enhance visual views and astrophotos of Mars, as well as the detailed list of upcoming oppositions and observable conjunctions of Mars with the Moon and other planets from the year 2020 through 2026.
The Mars Map & Observing Guide measures 25.25" x 11" when unfolded, and folds up to a convenient 8.5" x 11" size for storage and transport. The Mars Map & Observing Guide is plastic laminated for long-lasting durability as well as protection against dew, dirt, and the occasional coffee spill.
- An indispensable reference guide for observing the "Red Planet"
- Identifies Martian features using classical albedo and modern nomenclature
- Second Edition lists Mars opposition and observable conjunction events from 2020 through 2026
- Recommends best filters for visual observation and astrophotography of Mars
- Plastic-laminated for durability, measures 25.25" x 11" when fully unfolded, and folds up to 8.5" x 11" for easy portability