ZWO 2" Ha SII OIII 7nm Filter Set (ZWO-NB7NMD2)
Narrowband filter does not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
It can reduce the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapour, and both high and low pressure sodium vapour lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow).
The ZWO H-Alpha filter has a bandpass of 7nm and passes light at 656nm wavelength, light transmission rate comes up to 80%. Best choice of narrowband H-alpha astrophotography filter for high-contrast imaging and revealing rich details of the nebula even in areas with strong light pollution, just prepare to experience the infinite fun with it!
The ZWO narrowband S-II 7nm filter passes light at 672nm wavelength with a bandpass of 7nm which is designed for nebula observation. It is suitable for visual observation on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants, use it with H-alpha and OIII narrowband filters (SHO Set) for tricolour CCD astrophotography.
The ZWO narrowband O-III 7nm filter is designed for nebula observation allowing the 7nm bandwidth of light centred on a wavelength of 500nm through, which corresponds to OIII emission lines, blocking out all other light. Adding the ZWO O-III Narrowband filter to your imaging collection will help you go beyond the RGB imaging and will help capture your favourite nebulas in a totally new light, no matter how polluted your skies may be!
- Name: ZWO New narrowband 2″ filter
- Size: 2″
- Thickness: 5mm+2.5mm(thread)
- Glass thickness: 1.85mm
- Thread: M48*0.75 male thread
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront over the both surfaces
- About 90% transmission at H-alpha line 656nm (H-Alpha filter )
- About 90% transmission at SII line 672nm (SII filter )
- About 90% transmission at major OIII line 500nm (OIII filter )
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- <0.1% transmission of off-band, OD3(Optical Density)