ZWO 8-Position EFW for 1.25" and 31mm Filters (ZWO-EFW-8X1.25)
Inside this ZWO EFW 8-position filter wheel is a carousel has eight positions for 1.25" and 31 mm filters. The carousel can rotate both counter clockwise and clockwise for easy filter selection. Only one cable is needed to power the EFW. Included is a 2m USB2.0 cable that can be plugged into a user supplied Cooled CCD USB hub to provide the 120mAh @ 5V needed to power the filter wheel.
When installed on the ASI1600, the filter is positioned about 10mm from the sensor. This distance means that the 1.25" filters will not vignette with telescopes that have up to f/5 focal ratios. The 31mm filters will not have vignetting up to f/2 focal ratio telescopes.
Compatible 1.25" filters are required to be threaded and shorter than 3mm in length. When without threads, it must be less than 7mm in height.
The ZWO EFW 8-position, 1.25" filter wheel is CNC machined out of aircraft grade aluminum block. ZWO designed it to have a thin body, only 20mm and weigh only 14oz.
- Our latest EFW (Electronic Filter Wheel), larger than the previous but still low on weight. Only 400 grams (14 oz)!
- The body is CNC milled from an aircraft graded aluminum block.
- We decided to make it thinner, where it measures only 20 mm on the wheel body.
- The heart of our EFW comes from NPM, Japan, whose the manufacturer for the stepmotor and the quality is trustful and reliable. Guaranteed long life.
- The Electronic Filter wheel can be rotated in both counter clockwise or clockwise direction for filter selection.
- There are no need for multiple cables to power this wheel up, just one USB cable does the trick.The power consumption of this EFW is approximately 120mAh @ 5V, which can be operated from the Cooled CCD’s USB hub.
What’s In The Box
- 8*31mm EFW body
- 1.25″ cover
- T2 nosepiece
- 1.25″ holder(with cover and 2 screws)
- T2-T2 adapter(male)
- A bag of filter masks
- USB2.0 2m cable
- Phillips screwdriver
- A bag of M2 screws