Celestron Wedge For NexStar Evolution and SE 6/8 (93665)
The Wedge for NexStar Evolution and SE 6/8 mounts turns our venerable single fork arm telescopes into portable astroimaging powerhouses.
Our popular NexStar SE and NexStar Evolution telescopes are great for astrophotography, however an EQ wedge is necessary to take longer exposure images, or to advance further and use an autoguider.
Alt-Az tracking keeps objects centered, but a long enough exposure will reveal they rotate in the field of view. Adding a wedge allows the mount to track as an equatorial platform, thereby eliminating field rotation.
This Wedge was specifically tailored to the NexStar Evolution and SE’s size and styling. Weight is minimal to keep the whole setup light and portable, yet the platform is sturdy to support taking long exposure astrophotos.
Unlock the full imaging potential from your NexStar Evolution or SE 6/8 mount with this Wedge!
- Equatorial wedge for Celestron NexStar 6/8SE and Evolution Alt-Az mounted computerized telescopes
- Enables long exposure astrophotography and autoguiding by tilting the telescope’s azimuth into an equatorial platform allowing it to track an arc around the polar axis.
- For beginner to intermediate planetary and deep space imagers
- Captive hardware, tool-less operation, easily adjusts under load
- Hefty yet portable design
- Sturdy latitude adjustment screw with easy to read scale and integrated Bubble level
|Load Capacity:||36 lbs (16.33 kg)|
|Weight:||15 lbs (6.80 kg)|
|Mount Compatibility:||NexStar Evolution 6/8/9.25 | NexStar SE 6/8|
|Latitude Range:||0° - 70°|
|Included Items:||Wedge | 5 hex keys for assembly | Instruction manual|