Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox v2 (PEG-UPBV2)
Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox v2 (PEG-UPBV2)
Why Purchase from All-Star Telescope?
Free Expert Support
Whether you are a first timer needing help with setting up or an enthusiast that can't quite make that one thing work, our expert staff are ready to support your needs. With decades of knowledge and first hand experience we've been there and we can help you through it!
Stress Free, Secure Transactions
You can trust purchasing and delivery with All-Star Telescope. All of our transactions are 100% secure and Level 1 PCI DSS compliant thanks to Shopify's ShopPay platform. For additional protection, we insure 100% of the value of every shipment we make. If it get's lost during shipment, we replace it. If it gets damaged during shipment, we repalce it. We make sure your product arrives exactly as you would expect it to; we promise.
We also ensure privacy protection. We never keep any of your credit card information on file and any of your personal data is stored accordign to our policies.
30 Day Return Policy
Buy with confidence knowing that we accept returns up to 30 days after purchase. We want you to have something you will actually use and we are confident that we keep good quality products in our store with No Junk.
Price Match Promise
Shipping around for the best price is tough, we make it easier by offering the best pricing in the market. But if you find a better price on an in-store item somewhere else we will match it!
A USB3.1 Hub allows you to switch on/off each USB port, more power outputs, more dew heaters, a new stepper controller that can drive any stepper motor in the astronomy market as well as an expansion port for devices that communicates with the UPBv2 Controller!
If you are tired of carrying multiple power packs and dealing with a mess of power and data cables, our Ultimate Powerbox v2, a sophisticated power control unit, is the “Ultimate” solution. Our idea is an enclosure that makes a sufficient number of amperes available.
No cables disturb the movements of the mount and the instrument, only the main power cord and one USB data cord are attached to the Ultimate Powerbox from which branch off the other cables powering all devices.
Industrial 6 port powered USB3.1 SuperSpeed Hub
An industrial-grade USB3.1 Hub controller ensures that this USB hub will work flawlessly from temperatures of -40°C to +80°C.
A neat feature is that each USB port can be switched ON/OFF individually by the software. A device was stuck and you had to replug the socket in the middle of a cold night? No problem! Just locate the port, click the ON /OFF switch in our software and you recycle the USB port. Simple as that!
At the back of the UPBv2 you can locate:
- 4 x USB 3.1 Super Speed ports
- 2 x USB 2 High Speed ports
Each USB port provides up to 2.5Amps. All USB ports include an electronic short circuit and overload electronic protection.
4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment
Four powerful Smart Mosfet transistors provide “electric juice” to your precious equipment. Sophisticated short circuit and overload per port protections cut the power and report the incident into our software. Every Mosfet is capable to provide up to 7Amps of current.
Metal & good quality output sockets ensure that will provide all the juice you need and can secure in place your extension power cables
Built-in Power Sensors
A precise voltmeter and an amp meter (can measure up to 20A) measure and display in real-time your power input. If the input is more than 14.5V the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.
Individual Current Meter per 12V port and Dew Heaters
Every 12V output and every Dew Heater Channel has an internal and independent digital current meter. You can view each port’s power consumption in the software.
- Three channel duty cycle PWM outputs: Three Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your “thirsty” Dew Heaters / Flatpanels or Telescope Fans. Eliminate the moisture that is fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remotely tuned from your laptop using the supplied software.
- A Variable & Voltage Regulated Output: One regulated output that can provide up to 3Amps of current is available. You can tune the output from 3 Volt to 12Volt and save this setting in controller’s memory. Every time UPBv2 boots the port will be tuned to the stored voltage setting.
- Always ON 12V Output: One unregulated 12V output can provide up to 8Amps. So, In addition with the Smart 4 x 12V outputs you have one more to connect additional equipment. This 12V output port stays always ON!
- Zoomable and Exportable Graphs: Software logs all voltage, current, temperature and relative humidity readings. All these plots are zoomable and easily exportable in PNG image & CSV text format. Keep a full record of your night conditions.
- Scheduler to control outputs: Enable or disable each Power or USB port by setting a timer and creating groups of ports
- Memory persistence outputs at startups: You can easily define which output (power or USB) should turn ON or remain OFF during startup. The settings are stored in system’s EEPROM memory.
- Auto Adjustment of PWM (Dew Outputs): Device can auto adjust the Heater Outputs by consulting the environmental sensor and calculate the Dew Point. Just click “Auto” and leave to Ultimate Powerbox v2 to decide if it is time to switch on your dew heaters.
* You can easily select which Dew Heater output is controlled by the “Auto Dew” function.
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Ultimate Powerbox has been designing with reverse voltage polarity protection. It will save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
- A hardware watchdog: A hardware watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of a controller freeze, is when you own a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything can be quickly recovered.
- Upgradable Firmware: The firmware supports re-programming via the USB connection using upgrade software ((only available for Windows), for future upgrades which may become available. We constantly receive feedback from our customers and keep updating the firmware and software with new features.
- Unity Platform Support: Pegasus Astro Unity Platform is our new all around application. Our goal is to provide a robust and modern application that is going to support current and future products under one roof.
A modern frontend allows the full control of all Pegasus Astro devices. Moreover, a REST JSON api helps developers from 3rd party software to interact with our products. As we continuously develop our applications, based on customer feedback, lots of innovative features are going to be added in upcoming releases.
What's in the Box
|Supply Voltage||12V-14V DC (Reverse Polarity Protected)|
|Power Input Connector||XT60 Female|
|Connectivity||USB3 - Type B USB Connector|
|4 x 12V Outputs||
|3 Channel x 12V PWM Outputs||
|1 x Variable Output||Adjustable via software. 3-12V / 3Amps|
|1 x Always ON 12V Output||12V passthrough / Always ON / 8 Amps|
|Stock Sensor Input / EXT||
|Ampmeter||Measures 0 - 30A|
|Voltmeter||Measures 5 - 15V|
|Superspeed (USB3.1) Industrial 6 port powered Hub||
|Stepper Motor Controller||Unipolar and Bipolar Stepper motors, max 2.4 Amps (1.2 Amps per phase)
- RJ45 socket
|Dimensions||135mm x 107mm x 30mm (new enclosure 2020)|
|Weight||400 grams (14.1 ounces)|
Additional Articles, Videos, and Links
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 4: Shooting Deep-Sky Images
Taking deep sky pictures can be daunting, luckily there is an easy process to follow to allow you to get great shots! Here is the typical process for actually taking deep-sky images in the field.
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 3: Choosing Gear for Deep-Sky Imaging
Using a star tracker gains you experience with the fundamentals of deep-sky imaging. Shooting the Moon gains you experience focusing and framing through your telescope. Through your sessions you’ll...
Astrophotography for Beginners - Start Here: Getting into Astrophotography Step by Step
Shooting the night sky has never been more popular, nor easier. The choice of equipment has also never been better, or more affordable. However, as per the advice given by Dickinson and Dyer in the...
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 1: Using the Star Adventurer Tracker
By far the most economical and easiest way to capture beautiful images of the Milky Way and large deep-sky objects like the Andromeda Galaxy (shown here) is to use a star tracker. Here are steps an...
Astrophotography for Beginners Step 2: How to Shoot the Moon
Close-ups of the Moon are rewarding, and an easy way to learn to shoot through your telescope. While good results are possible with a phone camera clamped to an eyepiece (as shown below), this tuto...