Optolong UV/IR Cut 1.25" Filter Mounted (OPT-UVIR-1.25)
Optolong UV/IR Cut filter is designed for ultraviolet and infrared wavelength blocking to improve sharpness of the image as most of the optics are designed for the visible spectrum, because it’s very difficult to create a lens with the same focal point for the visible and IR spectrum.
It is used on a digital camera and the video, which do not have an IR protection filter toward an image sensor or were remodelled. This is important because unfiltered CCD and CMOS sensors are extremely susceptible to UV and IR rays just outside the visible spectrum that can have a very negative impact on image quality.
- Suitable for colour CMOS and CCD cameras and modified DSLRs.
- Use with monochrome CCD for astrophotography.
- Available to assist in focusing.
- Act as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the lens during long time exposure.
- WARNING: The filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band.
What's in the Box
- Outer Box: sliver box
- Plastic Box: PP material
- Lining: imported high pressure white EVA material