Our take on the Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED Super APO Triplet
The Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 is a premium triplet refractor telescope. These are fantastic sets that come with a great hard case, a couple of good quality eyepieces, a reducer, a guide scope and some excellent mounting hardware. This is one of the best telescope options for visual astronomy and astrophotography.
Designed with the discerning astrophotographer in mind, Sky-Watcher's top-of-the-line Esprit refractors deliver the kind of imaging performance one would expect from telescopes costing thousands of dollars more. With the Esprit's three-element, air spaced objective lens design, false colour is virtually eliminated, yielding exceptional contrast and sharpness. Each element is fully multi-coated with Sky-Watcher's proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC), producing a transmission rate that rivals any refractor on the market.
Description of the Esprit 100 ED
In addition to superb optics, all Esprits feature exclusive dual-speed, Helinear track focusers, which provide smooth, rock-solid focusing with zero image shift. Using a captain's wheel design all focusers can be rotated, giving astrophotographers flexibility when framing their image.
As is customary, Sky-Watcher supplies everything you need to get out under the stars, including a 2-element field corrector, which guarantees a flat field across the entire imaging plane. All Esprit refractors also come with an 8x50 right angle finderscope, 2-inch star diagonal, M48 camera adapter, mounting hardware, and padded case.
- Triplet super-apochromatic design
- Three-element, air-spaced optical assembly virtually eliminates false colour
- 100mm aperture, 550mm focal length, f/5.5 focal ratio
- 3.4-inch dual-speed rack-and-pinion, Helinear track focuser
- Rolled steel optical tube with white, glossy finish
- Included accessories: field flattener, tube rings, D-style dovetail, 8x50 right-angle finderscope, M48 camera adapter, 2-inch dielectric diagonal, and padded hard case
What's in the Box
- Field flattener
- Tube rings
- D-style dovetail
- 8x50 right-angle finderscope
- M48 camera adapter
- 2-inch dielectric diagonal
- Padded hard case
||ED Triplet Refractor
|Primary Aperture (mm)
|Focal Length (mm)
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)
||3.4" Dual Speed R&P
|OTA Length (Retract/Ext.)
|OTA Outer Diameter
|OTA Weight (with accessories)